Questions to ask when evaluating a source
(courtesy of Arlene Gardner, NJCSS workshop on Developing Critical Thinking Skills October 20, 2015 email@example.com)
- Who created this image/document/evidence/artifact?
- When was it created?
- To whom or why was it written/made?
- What viewpoint (bias) is projected?
- What questions does it raise? Is anything missing?
- What are the benefits and limitations of using this source?
- How reliable is this source?
- What does this source tell us about the topic?
Developing Claims and Using Evidence